Jai Prakash – Another PTI lawmaker tests positive for COVID-19
ISLAMABAD – A sitting MNA of the ruling Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) was tested positive for coronavirus on Monday, according to local media.
Jai Prakash had his test done on Friday after which he attended a session of the National Assembly. The MNA reportedly also hosted an event in the evening which was also attended by Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi and MNA Lal Chand – both have their tests conducted.
Earlier today, Railways Minister Sheikh Rasheed and former prime minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi tested positive for coronavirus.
On Sunday, PPP MPA Sharjeel Memon announced he had tested positive for coronavirus and had gone into self-isolation.
Earlier, Minister of State for Narcotics Shehryar Afridi tested positive for the virus. PTI's chief whip in the National Assembly Aamir Dogar also tested positive for coronavirus.
PTI Punjab Member of Provincial Assembly (MPA) Shaheen Raza was the first lawmaker in the country to succumb to the virus.
Two other lawmaker – PTI’s MPA Mian Jamsheduddin Kakakhel from Nowshera; and PML-N’s MPA Shaukat Manzoor Cheema from Gujranwala - also died from the disease earlier this month.
- Matric result 2020 to be announced in Punjab on Sept 19, confirms ...11:59 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Woman gang-raped in presence of husband in Pakistan's village days ...11:19 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Nepal to mint coins displaying new political map that shows ...10:42 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- FBR imposes Rs35 million penalty on Justice Isa’s wife for failing ...09:41 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Nawaz Sharif accepts Bilawal’s invitation to virtually attend ...09:07 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Nida Yasir apologizes after receiving backlash04:20 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- 'The Batman' filming resumes following shutdown over Robert ...02:36 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Aima Baig confirms that she’s dating Shahbaz Shigri02:19 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020