Najam Sethi suggests renaming of Gaddafi Stadium after Edhi
On Monday, Najam Sethi took to Twitter and said that he had proposed the renaming of Gaddafi Stadium after Edhi.
The 68-year old PCB official also requested the cricketing body's Board of Governors (BOG) to approve his idea.
I propose to change the name of Lahore's Gadafi Stadium to Edhi Stadium. PCB BoG members may kindly approve my request.
— Najam Sethi (@najamsethi) July 10, 2016
Earlier, Chief Minister of Punjab (CM) Shehbaz Sharif had announced to name on of Lahore’s key roads after the great humanitarian, while Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Chief Minister Pervez Khattak said that the KP government would name several monuments after the late Abdul Sattar Edhi.
On July 8, the legendary humanitarian Abdul Sattar Edhi passed away in Karachi, after succumbing to prolonged illness.
- PSL 2021, Match 10 – Islamabad United bat first against Peshawar ...07:24 PM | 27 Feb, 2021
- “Work together or come have more tea,” Asad Umar to India on ...06:22 PM | 27 Feb, 2021
- PSL 2021, Match 8 – Babar Azam lifts Karachi Kings to thrilling win ...05:50 PM | 27 Feb, 2021
- Agha Ali advises Alizeh Shah to be more concerned about her acting ...03:45 PM | 27 Feb, 2021
- Khel Khel Mein – Sajal Aly and Bilal Abbas team up for first time ...02:14 PM | 27 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021