Govt members of Panama leaks committee reject opposition proposals
The government members, however, did not accept the questions and proposed their resubmission.
The government side also circulated among the members a document mentioning relevant legal provisions and comments relating to the fifteen questions.
The Committee agreed to continue its discussion on the Terms of Reference in subsequent meetings.
The opposition members stated that they had proposed to drop question numbers twelve and thirteen subject to the acceptance of the remaining thirteen questions by the government members.
Mr. Zahid Hamid, MNA, has been included in the committee in place of Khawaja Muhammad Asif. There will be no ex-officio member of the committee.
The committee will hold its next meeting at 4:00 p.m. on Monday at the Parliament House in Islamabad.
Talking to media after the meeting, Committee member Aitzaz Ahsan said the opposition's ToRs had been put before the committee.
He said these ToRs were comprehensive, and efforts were underway to create a consensus on them.
- 23 die in Norway after receiving first dose of Pfizer vaccine01:05 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Divine gesture – New Zealand captain pauses match to check out ...12:30 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Smart Office – Pakistan to launch WhatsApp-like app by June11:46 AM | 16 Jan, 2021
- UK refuses to deport Nawaz as arrest warrants have no ‘legal ...11:19 AM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Coronavirus: Pakistan reports 2,432 new cases, 45 deaths10:28 AM | 16 Jan, 2021
- What is the relationship between PM Imran Khan's wife Bushra Bibi and ...05:27 PM | 15 Jan, 2021
- Tahmina Javed enters Pakistan's drama industry07:30 PM | 15 Jan, 2021
- Mathira reveals about her relationship with ex-husband06:17 PM | 15 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- COVID-19 – How many vaccine doses Pakistan and neighbouring ...08:34 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- 10 women celebs who lent their star power to UN06:50 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- #2020InReview – Pakistan's initiatives in the year 202010:55 PM | 4 Jan, 2021