ECP issues code of conduct for bye elections
The provisions of Section 84 of the Representation of the People Act, 1976, which provide that no person shall convene, hold or attend any Public Meeting and no person shall promote or join in any procession within the area of the Constituency during a period of forty-eight hours ending at midnight following the conclusion of the Poll for an election in that Constituency.
Any person who contravenes these provisions of law shall be punishable with rigorous imprisonment for a term, which may extend to six months or with fine, which may extend to one thousand rupees or with both.
Accordingly, the election campaign for Bye-Election in aforesaid constituencies shall come to an end with effect from the midnight falling between 26th and 27th November, 2016 for NA 258 Karachi and 29th and 30th November, 2016. for PP-78 Jhang.
The Political Parties and the candidates are requested to follow the provisions of law and exercise self-restraint so that the Poll is held in an orderly and peaceful manner on 28th November in Karachi and 1st December in Jhang.
- Live open market Foreign Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - ...09:00 AM | 30 Nov, 2020
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 30 November 202008:30 AM | 30 Nov, 2020
- On the Wrong Side of History11:18 PM | 29 Nov, 2020
- Pakistani diplomat, family injured in India accident10:13 PM | 29 Nov, 2020
- 'Young Imran Khan' in old photo09:04 PM | 29 Nov, 2020
- Islamabad plans open-air cinema for safe entertainment09:26 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- CokeStudio 2020 lineup revealed06:10 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020