PM, president & other dignitaries attend walima reception of army chief's son
RAWALPINDI - Politicians, military officials and business tycoons on Monday night attended the walima reception of the son of Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Qamar Javed Bajwa.
The ceremony took place at Army House in Rawalpindi.
Political leaders, who graced the event included, Prime Minister Imran Khan, President Arif Alvi and Bilawal Bhutto Zardari.
President Arif Alvi, Prime Minister Imran Khan, Chief Justice of Pakistan (CJP) Mian Saqib Nisar, Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) Chairman Bilawal Bhutto Zardari, Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan, Chaudhry Aitzaz Ahsan, Chaudhry Pervaiz Elahi, Syed Khursheed Shah, Khwaja Asif, Rana Tanveer Hussain, Makhdoom Shah Mahmood Qureshi, Sheikh Rasheed Ahmed, Pervez Khattak, Jahangir Khan Tareen, all the four chief ministers and governors, ambassadors of Saudi Arabia, Qatar, United Kingdom, United States of America and other friendly countries attended the walima reception held for the newlywed couple – Saad Siddique Bajwa and Mahnoor Sabir.
Former army chiefs General (retd) Raheel Sharif, General (retd) Jehangir Karamat, General (retd) Ashfaq Pervaiz Kayani, General (retd) Waheed Kakar and others were also invited.
Chaudhry Nisar, Usman Buzdar, Asad Umar and Murad Ali Shah were also in presence at the event.
Former cricketer Shoaib Akhtar, musician Shehzad Roy, Chief Justice Saqib Nisar and foreign envoys also attended the gathering.
However, Sharif family members, Maulana Fazlur Rehman and leaders of other religious parties remained absent.
- EU to challenge China-US trade agreement at WTO12:02 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Kashmir issue is not an internal affair of India, says FM Quresh11:24 AM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Ariana Grande being sued for copyright over hit single '7 Rings' by ...03:54 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Malala biopic director admits he still receives death threats03:39 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019