LGS fires four faculty members for sexually harassing students
LAHORE – A renowned English-medium private school in Lahore has terminated a teacher and three other employees after allegations of sexually harassing female students surfaced against them.
The decision by the elite school comes after numerous students, who claimed to be harassed since 2016, approached the administration 1-A/1 Ghalib Market Gulberg brach after situation went out of control.
The complainants include former and present students of the school. They also submitted evidences comprising videos, photos and inappropriate messages sent by the fired employees to them.
The sacked employees include chemistry teacher Aitezaz Rahman Sheikh, Administration Officer Aitzaz, Accountant Omar, a watch man named Shehzad and chemistry teacher Zahid Warraich.
Students said that they had been lodged complaints against them over the years but the school administration remained reluctant to take action against them.
Meanwhile, the school management talking to Daily Pakistan said that the accused were terminated after receiving the complaints and evidence against them.
The victims further revealed that the chemistry teacher used to touch them in an inappropriate way.
As the matter surfaced online, District Education Authority in Lahore Tuesday formed a three member committee with Ghyas Sabir, principal of a government school as convener.
The investigation body has been asked to “probe into the matter, dig out the facts and submit fact finding report along with clear cut recommendations within three days”.
Punjab Education Minister Murad Raas also took notice of the shameful incident at the private school. Raas said that he will directly look into the matter.
I will deal with the case in Lahore Grammar School 1A1 myself. Have talked to the Principal this morning. Getting all the details. These Children are my Children. I will protect them. This case will be brought to a proper conclusion according to law. Make NO mistake about it.— Murad Raas (@DrMuradPTI) June 30, 2020
In a Tweet, he wrote: “These Children are my Children. I will protect them. This case will be brought to a proper conclusion according to law. Make NO mistake about it”.
Federal Minister Human Rights Dr Shireen Mazari has also taken notice of the incident. She said in a tweet,"Have taken note of serious harassment allegations of young girls and women at educational institutions - most recently at two premier private institutions in Lahore".
Have taken note of serious harassment allegations of young girls and women at educational institutions - most recently at two premier private institutions in Lahore. MOHR helpline 1099 is available for complaints & for help. Our regional offices have been alerted on this issue.— Shireen Mazari (@ShireenMazari1) June 29, 2020
"MOHR helpline 1099 is available for complaints & for help. Our regional offices have been alerted on this issue," she further said.
- Pakistan surpasses 259,000 cases of coronavirus – 5,477 confirmed ...07:47 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan minister tells reason behind reduction in coronavirus cases07:19 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- Gold prices hit new high of Rs109,35007:07 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- K-Electric to face NAB inquiry over loadshedding, flouting agreement06:46 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan Army chief offers help to Italy in fight against COVID-1906:32 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- YouTube takes down Hadiqa Kiani’s song about Kashmir02:43 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- Maya Ali experimenting with her cooking skills01:46 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- Yasir Hussain is being subjected to online harassment & bullying: ...01:03 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020